- 2 ½ cups AP flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tea masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted soften butter
- 1 large egg or ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup candied ginger, roughly chopped in bite size pieces
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, tea masala and cardamom in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixture, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add an egg or heavy cream and beat for 30 seconds or until combined. Scrap sides of bowl to combine everything.
- Add flour and beat to combine on low speed for 30 seconds or until flour is just combined. Remove the bowl.
- Add candied ginger and stir to combine with dough.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop cookies on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches of space in between.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are turning light golden brown.