Cream Cheese Tart with Orange, Pistachios & Cardamom
- 15 Maria cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup toasted pistachios
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 plus ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 8 oz. cream cheese, soften
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Orange segments from one orange
- To make the crust, in a food processor, break Maria cookies into smaller pieces; add pistachios, 1 teaspoon of cardamom and ¼ cup of sugar. Pulse it until it becomes crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse it until mixture is moist.
- Press the crumb mixture into bottom and sides of tart pan. Cover the tart pan and freeze it at least for an hour. The crust should be solid before adding filling.
- To make the filling, in a stand mixture with a whisk attachment, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar, orange zest, ⅛ teaspoon of cardamom and heavy cream. Whisk again until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the orange marmalade on top of cooled crust. Pour the cream cheese filling. Smooth out the filling. Garnish with orange segments. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving. Finish the tart within two days.