- About 1 lb. package of paneer
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small carrot
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chili, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dhana-jeeru (spice blend of ground coriander and cumin)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Roughly chop carrot. Transfer to food processor bowl and process it until it becomes small pieces. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut paneer into rough ½ inch dice. Transfer to food processor bowl and process it until it resembles wet sand.
- In a wok or a frying pan, heat oil on a medium high heat. Add mustard and cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add onion, carrot, garlic, green chili, ginger and dry spices. Sauté those until onion and carrot are light brown, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add red and green peppers and sauté for a minute. Add crumbled paneer and sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes or until some crumble is golden brown. Add peas and corn and season with salt. Stir everything to combine. Cook until peas and corn are warmed through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Nan or Paratha.