This is my sister Jayshree Khadkiwala's recipe of whole wheat flour halva.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup jaggery (Indian raw sugar), shredded
- Heat a small wok or a frying pan on a low heat. Add flour and sauté it until light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Gradually add ghee and keep sautéing flour in the ghee until flour is fluffy and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add jaggery and switch off heat. Stir everything until jaggery is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a pie plate and smooth it out in even layer. Cut two inch squares. It is best served warm as a snack or a quick sweet. It can be store in an air tight container for a week once it cools down.