Moola Ni Bhaji Nu Shaak
- 2 bundles of radishes with greens (bhaji) or 1 bundle of daikon (moola) with greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup dhana-jeeru (spice blend of ground coriander and cumin)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut off greens from radishes or daikon. Cut into thin ribbons and wash it thoroughly and let the excess water drain.
- Prepare flour mixture: Mix chickpea flour along with oil and spices in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a non-sick pan or a cast iron pan heat oil on a medium high heat. Add fenugreek seeds and let it sizzle. Add asafetida and let it heat for 10 seconds. Add greens and cover the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes or until wilted. Uncover the pan and stir the greens. Spread the flour mixture evenly on top of wilted greens. Cover the pan again and let it cook for 5 more minutes or until the flour mixture is cooked.
- Uncover the pan and stir the greens with flour mixture. Let it cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes or until shaak is almost dry and bhaji is crispy.