- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 ½ cups or more of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 packet of Sazon seasoning (with coriander and Annatto)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pot. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle. Add rice, seasoning, chili powder and sauté it until rice is coated with oil and spices, 1 minute.
- Add water and salt. Cover the pot and let the rice cook until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Can be served for filling for burrito or on the side for Mexican dishes.