Bataka Ni Sukhi Bhaji
This is my niece Purvi Thakkar's recipe of Spicy Potatoes.
- 5 medium Yukon gold potatoes, boiled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 serrano chili, finely chopped
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok or a frying pan on a medium high heat. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle. Add chili and curry leaves, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients except cilantro. Stir potatoes until coated with spices. Let potatoes heat for 5 minutes to take flavor of spices, stirring few times. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm with Puri (fried puffy bread).