- 1 lb. frozen peas (mutter), thawed
- ½ lb. fried or plain cubed paneer, available in Indian grocery stores
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or butter
- 3 teaspoons garlic-ginger paste, available in Indian grocery stores
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), available in Indian grocery stores
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil or butter in a wok or a frying pan, 2 minutes. Sauté garlic-ginger paste with spices until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, kasuri methi and stir to combine everything. Season with salt and sugar. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas, paneer and stir to combine with sauce. Cover the wok or pan and let peas cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stir and adjust the seasoning. Let mutter paneer cook with sauce for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so that sauce does not stick to bottom.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm with Nan or Paratha.
If fried paneer or cubed paneer is not available, cut paneer into ¾ inch cubes. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan and sauté paneer until light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.