In this recipe of Savory Pancakes you can also add finely chopped vegetables like carrots, spinach, peas etc.
- 1 cup or more chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 green chili, finely chopped or minced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or minced ginger
- ½ small tomato, finely chopped
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- Water as needed
- Whisk flour and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Gradually add water as needed and make it into pancake like batter. Let it stand for 2 to 3 hours.
- Whisk remaining ingredients. If the batter becomes too thin, add more flour. Heat a griddle or a skillet and brush with oil. Pour about ½ cup batter and spread into thin pancake with a spatula. Let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes, flip it and cook for another minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with cilanro chutney or ketchup.