Flower Bataka Vatana nu Shaak
Cauliflower Potato Peas
- 1 medium size flower (cauliflower), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium size batako (potato), cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup vatana (green peas), frozen or fresh
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon asafetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons dhana-jeeru (spice blend of coriander and cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro for garnish
- In a wok or a frying pan heat the oil until shimmering. Add mustard seeds and let them sizzle. Add asafetida, turmeric and chili powder. Add cauliflower, potatoes and season with salt. Stir vegetables until they are coated with oil and spices.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables cook until fork tender, stirring occasionslly, about 10 to 12 minutes. During half way of cooking, add green peas.
- Once vegetables are cooked, uncover, add dhana-jeeru. Stir and let vegetables cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Just before serving garnish with cilantro. Serve warm with any type of Indian flat bread.